|PLANET: Sun||ELEMENT: Air|
|TASTE: bitter, astringent||VIPAKA: cooling|
|WARMTH: pungent||DOSHAS: V+P-K-|
MERIDIANS: Lung, Spleen, Colon, Liver
INDICATIONS: red eyes, conjunctivitis, styes, blepharitis, acute head cold, hay fever, earache, nasal discharge, gastroenteritis, urinary stones, nervous headache.
PRECAUTIONS: none noted
CONSTITUENTS: essential oil, tannins; iriod glycosides including aucubin, geniposide, catapol, suproside; phenolic acids, bitter principle
PREPARATION AND USE:
- tincture, 5:1 in 50% alcohol, 30-60 drops, up to four times a day
- dry herb for infusion 1 tsp per pint
- infusion can be used for washes or compresses for the eyes, but should be used both internally and externally for eye problems.
- also used in douches for leucorrhea
USE IN MAGIC: Mental Powers, Psychic Powers
- drink the infusion to clear the mind and aid memory
- used in compresses over the eyes to increase clairvoyance
- carry to increase psychic powers or when you need to see the truth in a matter
- used to give clarity in situations of challenge, to see how one can grow through difficulty
- aids memory and brings clear thinking
- often used in times of fasting to increase ability to receive guidance
USE IN PERSONAL GROWTH:
- used in times of struggle to aid one in seeing the lessons one can learn
-a reminder that joy is our birthright and we can access it if we trust our deeper senses
"I find joy in looking beyond form to the energies, strength, and souls of the beings around me."